Tuesday, July 24, 2007

What Did You Just Say??



Yes, you heard right, I said CORNHOLE!! A few months ago, I was introduced to the widely growing game of cornhole. I played it once, and I was hooked. The game is also known as Baggo, Bags, or Bean Bag Toss, but I prefer the term cornhole. Since I also pitch horseshoes, bowl, and have pitched slow-pitch softball, the game's technique of tossing 1 pound bean bags underhand came very naturally for me and I picked up the game very quickly. I love pitching horseshoes, but not everyone can do that. Throwing 2 pound metal horseshoes the distance of 40 feet was tough for some people (and especially kids). So, a game where you can throw a 1 pound bean bag only 27 feet was definitely more popular. Since I have 9 nieces and nephews, I decided to make a set of boards myself so we could play at family gatherings and parties. I will leave you with a picture of a generic cornhole board, but will post a picture of my set of custom made boards very soon!!


1 comment:

SqueakyClef said...

Cornhole Rocks! Very Fun Game!