Thursday, July 24, 2008

XM Radio Complaint

On the heels of GrantBob's complaint about Comcast, I thought I would share a complaint I have about XM Radio. As you can see from the channel guide below, they claim to have "100% Commercial Free Music". However, all you have to do is listen for a few minutes, and you'll realize that's not true. Just this morning I heard at least two commercials; one for Dinovite, and another for Total Transformation. I sent them a comment about that. I said:

"My question is simple ... how can you say you are 100% Commercial Free Programming?? Just this morning on the 30 minute ride to work, I heard a commercial for Dinovite and another for Total Transformation. I hear NUMEROUS commercials every day. That doesn't sound like 100% Commercial Free Programming. Can you explain?? - Dave"

I'll let you know how it turns out!!

1 comment:

grantbob said...

What channel were you listening to? Only the ones listed on the left hand column under that yellow heading are commercial-free (and keep in mind that station promos for other XM channels or events are not commercial-free). The ones listed there should be 100% "commercial" free.

Some of the music stations are owned by Clear Channel or others and not programmed by XM. They can have anything. They're not in that same grouping (they're on the right).