Monday, March 31, 2008

Where Were These When I Was A Kid??

We had a discussion at work recently about the cool video shopping carts at a grocery store my family and I shop at occasionally. Some of my coworkers had never seen them before, and frankly, I don't think they believed me. So, when I was there this past Sunday, I decided to take a picture of them for proof. This first picture shows the three of them lined up. Kids can pick the one they want to watch, and for just $1, they can watch cartoons while the parents finish their grocery shopping. Their choices are Barney, Dora, and Thomas the Train.



This second pictures shows the inside, complete with color video screen. This is a long way from us generation x-ers having to simply ride in the front of the grocery cart, legs dangling, with a seat as hard as a rock!!! I wasn't even allowed to hang on the side of the cart. Even if that was the cool way to grocery shop with your parents, that was too dangerous.



The doors lock to keep the kids from falling out, and you can keep the grocery cart for as long as it takes for you to finish your shopping. From what I understand, you have 5 minutes after checking out to return the unit. After that 5 minutes, the brake locks up on it, and you cannot push it anymore. Yeah, its a small pain to carry all of the groceries to the car (or transfer them to another cart), but the peace and quiet during the shopping process is priceless!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Now what would've been COOL would be if you'd captured a video of the video-enabled cart. ;)

Bear said...

Yeah, but that would have required another $1!!!!