Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Cost of Love

This past Sunday (and I mean all day), I put together a play set for my daughters ... and as you can see, it's still not finished!!! I figured it might take 4 to 5 hours to complete. However, when the instructions said 5-10 hours, my jaw dropped. Here's a picture (a bad picture) of the set. I will try and take a better picture during the day. Want to know what was involved in building the swing set:
  • 10+ Hours of Labor
  • 874 Screws/Bolts
  • 54 Washers
  • 51 Random Pieces/Accessories
  • 123 Pieces of Lumber
  • 51 Page Instruction Manual
  • 16 Bottles of Gatorade

On Thursday, Abbie used the swings for the first time. She wanted to go down the slide, but it hasn't been secured to the unit yet. Dad and I are going to try and do that tonight (and finish up the rock wall). Thanks to Danielle, Jim (my father), and Tony (my father-in-law) for helping because I could never had done it without them. I Love You Abbie and Katie!!!

3 comments:

SqueakyClef said...

Awe Love!!!!

Kim said...

You did an awesome job! They'll love you for it. :)

Rich said...

Now that you are done with that I have a deck you can start on.. :)